Saturday 10 May 2014

Birchbox - May 2014


Oh. My. God. This month's Birchbox is without a doubt the best beauty box I have ever received. I've recently got back from shopping this afternoon to find my box waiting for me, and I had to share it with you asap, so apologies if the lighting in the pictures is not the best, but it's pretty miserable outside today! This month's box is a collaboration with Harper's Bazaar. First off, the packaging is so, so pretty and when I opened up the box, I was so impressed with it's contents - Birchbox have done good this month, very good!



Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara This jet black formula adds both volume and length to all types of lashes. £19.50
I know a lot of people will be excited to receive this in their box this month, so this was a really good move by Birchbox. However, I've already tried this mascara out and I wasn't too impressed. I'll still use it, as it's not a terrible mascara, it just didn't wow me enough for the price you pay for it. One of my main issues with it was that I found it to be quite wet, so I'll probably save it for when it's dried out a little.

Soigne Nail Lacquer Non-toxic polish in classically great shades, this chic new polish brand is a new essential. £11.00
I received a nail polish in last month's box which I liked, but this one is a full size, which I'm really happy about. The shade I have is a peachy-pink and looks like quite a flesh-toned colour, which I think would look great in any season, but spring in particular. My nail polish is looking very chipped at the moment, so I think I'll be giving this one a test tonight.

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil This invigorating blend of pink grapefruit, rosemary and juniper berry will soften skin and uplift your mood. £39.00
I purchased a travel size of this in the January sales and posted a full review here. I absolutely love Aromatherapy Associates oils, but the one thing I hate about them is the price of a full size! My boyfriend treated me to the miniatures set a few months ago, and I've enjoyed a few pamper nights from that. It's always nice to get another one to add to the collection - I'll probably be saving this tiny bottle for my honeymoon in a few weeks time.

Beauty Protector Protect & Shampoo and Protect & Condition The sulphate-free formulas strengthen, nourish and protect strands. £14.00 each
I'm looking forward to trying something new for my hair. Again, I think the miniatures will be perfect for my holiday, so it was great that you got both the shampoo and conditioner in the box - so often you only get one or the other and I don't see the point in that. I've had a quick whiff of them and they don't really smell or anything - not necessarily a bad thing, but I do love the gorgeous smell of the likes of Herbal Essences.

Liz Earle Beauty Co. Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser This cult cleanser leaves skin perfectly cleansed and prepped. The muslin cloth and polish ensure a beautiful glow. From £13.25
This product has been on my "to try" list for such a long time, but having so many other skincare products to use up in the meantime has meant that I still haven't got round to purchasing it. Now I can try before I buy! I've heard so many amazing things about this product, so my expectations are high and, although this is such an amazing box, this was the product I was most excited about when I saw it. This could well be a potential repurchase if it lives up to expectations.

Well, what can I say? Birchbox have really pulled it out of the bag this month. There's so many products that have created a lot of interest in the beauty blogging world and would be on many people's wishlists - if they haven't tried them and loved them already! Although I wasn't too impressed with the Benefit mascara when I previously purchased it, I know this will be a hit with a lot of other people. I may give it to my sister to try and see how she gets on with it.

Have you received this month's Birchbox? Were you as impressed as I am?

2 comments :

  1. Great post, this box looks sooo good value for money.

    Chloe // www.throughchloeslens.blogspot.co.uk
    I'd love for you to take a look xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, I think this is such good value for money this month xx

      Delete