Thursday 10 April 2014

Recent Non-Beauty Favourites


I've never done a favourites post that wasn't beauty related, but there's been a few things I've been loving recently, so I thought it was about time I got round to doing a "non beauty favourites" so I can share them with you.


The Fitness Favourite - I've been getting into more of a steady fitness routine recently, after spending the winter slacking off. One of my all time favourite fitness DVDs is the 30 Day Shred, and it's what I've currently been working out to. It's only 20 minutes long, so it's great to fit into my day - I've been working out either in the mornings or as soon as I get in from work. Even though it's a short DVD, Jillian Michaels pushes you really hard, so you still feel like you're getting a decent workout.

The Food Favourite - Asda have recently released a range of Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurts. Since losing weight, I'm always on the lookout for low calorie option desserts that I can have everyday. These yoghurts are less than 80 calories each and taste so deliciously creamy. They have a variety of flavours available - strawberry is another favourite - but my favourite pack is the vanilla & caramel flavours (you get two of each flavour per pack).

The Home Favourite - I love Yankee candles. Since with spring weather has started to make an appearance in the UK, I've been digging out all of my spring/summer candles to replace my winter favourites with. My favourite of all has to be the Summer Scoop candle - it smells of delicious berries and ice cream, but the scent is not too sweet that it becomes sickly, like a few sweet scented candles do. I only have a small jar at the moment, but I'll definitely be purchasing a larger one when I have finished burning this.

The Fashion Favourites - I currently have two items from my wardrobe which I have been loving recently. The first was a recent purchase from New Look, which is just soooo cute! It's a lovely cream scarf with cat faces printed on it. I love cats - I have two of my own - so when I saw this, I had to have it. It's still a little chilly in the UK, so this has come in handy when I've needed a little extra warmth. The second item is something I picked up almost a year ago, but I've been pulling it out of my wardrobe time and time again recently. You might already know I have a bit of an obsession with daisies (see my recent online shopping haul for more evidence of this!), so it might not come as much of a surprise to some that I've been wearing this Topshop daisy print dress, pictured below, a lot. It's a much thicker material than most dresses I have so, again, it's perfect for those slightly chillier spring days.


The TV Favourite - Does anyone remember Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps from the noughties? I was just coming into my teens when it started and I was hooked on it. Well, Viva have been showing two episodes a night from 10pm Monday-Thursday, so I've been watching this in bed most nights and I think it's safe to say I'm hooked again! I really want to get the boxset soon, so I can watch it at a more reasonable hour, since it's nearly midnight by the time the episodes are finished!

image from weheartit.com

What non-beauty things have you been loving recently?

2 comments :

  1. I have a large jar of Summer Scoop and I absolutely adore it!! xx

    whatabbyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete