Sunday 23 February 2014

The Beauty Blogger Tag


I was taking a look through by Bloglovin' feed when I came across this tag on Emily Grace's blog. I enjoyed reading her answers and, since I've been looking for a tag post to do for a while, thought I would give it a go for myself. It's a bit of a long one though, so please bare with me!

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is more wavy naturally.

2. What is your natural hair colour?
Dark brown.

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I used to get it dyed by a mobile hairdresser until a few years ago. Now my sister will dye it for me at home.

4. How often do you wash your hair?
I try to wash it every other day, but sometimes I go through phases of washing it every day. Naughty, I know.

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
I wear my hair up most of the time, especially when I'm at work, but if I'm going out I'll change it up a bit.

6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I usually do my own.

7. How often do you change your nail polish?
I don't always wear nail polish but, when I do, I will remove it after 3 or 4 days, which is when I tend to see chips appearing.

8. Do you polish your toes in the winter too, or just in the summer?
I'm more worried about keeping my toes polished than I am my fingers! I do still polish them in the winter but I'm not as bothered about maintaining them as I am in the summer, since people hardly ever see them!

9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
If I'm doing just my normal everyday makeup, it will take me 10-15 minutes. If I'm getting ready for a night out, it takes more around 30 minutes to do.

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Normally I will start with my face makeup first but, if I'm doing a heavy eye makeup look, I'll do my eyes first so that it's easier to get rid of any fallout.

11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I wish I had enough self control to just buy what I need when I need it but unfortunately I am a collector. If I see something I like, I have to have it regardless of whether I need it or not. As a result, I have a pretty big makeup collection and not enough storage for it!

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Not very often at all - it's too much of a faff for me!

13. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
No, I wear very minimal makeup at work and, I try to have a full day without makeup every week or so.

14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
Unless I am going out somewhere later on in the day, or it's for blogging purposes, I won't wear makeup at home.

15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
When I as in my teens, I wouldn't go out anywhere without some makeup on. Nowadays, I'm not so bothered what people think so if I'm just nipping to the shop or taking a walk around the park, I won't put any makeup on.

16. How many high end products do you have?
Pass?! I'd say around 20-30. I usually treat myself to a few high end products with my birthday money or if I really want something then I'll save up and buy it, but most of the time I go for drugstore products.

17. How often do you wash you makeup brushes?
Not enough! I do a spot clean every 2-3 days and then give them a full clean every few weeks. I know I should be doing this every week but I find it such a chore!

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
If it's for work, I will decide the night before. I am like a zombie in the mornings and wouldn't trust myself to make that decision then! For weekends/days off, I decide when I'm getting dressed as it usually depends on the weather and what I'm doing that day.

19. How often do you change your handbag?
My everyday bag usually stays the same until my current one gets a bit tatty and I buy a new one to replace it. I have a few others which I switch up now & again for special occasions.

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
I never get enough sleep, but this is something I really need to change! When I'm at work I get up around 7.30am and go to bed between 11pm & 12am, though if I'm busy it can sometimes be even later. The weekends vary massively depending on what I am doing. I can be quite lazy at the weekends - probably because I don't sleep enough during the week!

21. How often & when do you workout?
When I was losing weight I would work out at least every other day, but since getting to target I have slacked on the exercise and relied on my diet to maintain my weight, especially since winter kicked in. I have a plan which I will be putting into action in March to tone up for my wedding, so I'll be working out a lot more again soon.

22. Left handed or right handed?
Right handed.

23. How tall are you?
I'm a tiny 5ft 1.

24. Do you speak a foreign language?
Other than the tiny bits of French & German I can remember from my GCSEs, I don't! I'd love to learn Spanish though.

25. How many pets do you have?
I have 2 cats called Max & Paddy (anyone remember that tv show?!). My boyfriend & I adopted them as kittens when we moved in together 3 years ago.

26. How often are you on Blogger?
I usually go on every other day but I'm sometimes on more often. I'm on it a lot at the weekends as this is when I'll get most of my posts done.

27. Do you read the comments posted on blogs?
If a post has interested me then I'll scroll down to see what other people's thoughts were when I go to leave my own comment. I'll always read comments left on my own blog whenever I'm on Blogger.

28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yes, I have a list on my phone which I'm constantly updating - it costs me so much money!

29. How did you come up with your blog name?
Kizzy was my nickname given to me by my friends in secondary school, so I know I wanted it to be included in my blog name.

30. What camera do you use for photographs?
I sometimes just use my iPhone, but the majority of my pictures are taken on my Sony Cyber shot DSC W730. It's nothing fancy but it does what I need it to and is small enough for me to carry around with me when I'm out.

31. How often do you clean your house?
My boyfriend & I share the housework and most jobs get done on a weekly basis. My living room & bedroom can get a little messy when I've recently been shopping though - they'll be shopping bags everywhere! I like to give those rooms a big tidy up every few weeks along with the general cleaning.

32. What is your favourite colour?
Sky blue.

33. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
The one I buy the most is Look, as it tends to have more affordable products featured.

34. Do you swear?
Yes, I do sometimes.

35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
It's a Sunday evening, so I'll get getting a few more blog posts done for this week while my boyfriend watches football/plays on the Xbox. Then we will have dinner and I'll take part in the #bbloggers chat on Twitter and more than likely treat myself to a facemask later. We've been having a pretty chilled out day today!

Phew, I told you it was a long one, but I've enjoyed it nonetheless! I want to tag all of you that would like to do this, and if you do decide to, don't forget to leave me your links below so I can check them out!





3 comments :

  1. Such a great post. I love your blog it's such an enjoyable read :-)
    Beth x

    http://www.thebritishgirl.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for such a lovely comment :) glad you enjoy the blog xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the nomination hun :) xx

    ReplyDelete