Tuesday 18 February 2014

Birchbox - February 2014


My second Birchbox arrived towards the end of last week, this time with no issues and I have to say I was very impressed with the speed of the delivery. I'd been a good girl this month and not looked at any of the Facebook and Twitter spoilers, so everything in my box was a complete surprise to me this time around.




Beauty Protector Protect & Oil This nourishing hair oil battles UV rays, heat and breakage. £16.00
Hair oils seem to be a favourite for beauty subscription boxes, but I was excited to read that this one is an exclusive launch. My hair is always in need of a lot of nourishment, so I'm keen to see if this product will do anything for me. At £16 for a full size I think it's pretty reasonable - not the cheapest but hardly going to break the bank.

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner A foolproof liquid liner to help you create Alexa Chung-style feline flicks in a flash. £12.00
My face lit up when I saw this in my box - I love a good makeup product in my beauty boxes! I've given this one a go already and it is very easy to use, with its felt-tip style application, and is very pigmented & long lasting. It's not too expensive either, so this could well be a repurchase for me - dare I say that already?! Birchbox have also included a handy little instruction card in their box, for those who struggle with applying liquid eyeliner.

Janjira Argan Oil Concentrate Serum Youth-boosting nutrients and firming oat extracts blend with argan oil to plump and protect skin. £48.00
I've not tried this yet, as I've been trying out a Body Shop serum recently (you can see a review of this later in the week), but I've had a quick whiff and it does smell nice at least! I've received many skincare products from beauty boxes in the past, but I rarely receive a serum, so this is a nice change. Although I'm looking forward to giving this one a go, at almost £50 for a full size, it's going to have to do a lot of good to make me want to repurchase!

Gilchrist & Soames The London Collection Shower Gel A paraben-free formula with red tea, grape seed and milk thistle to refresh and hydrate skin. £13.75
I'm not keen on receiving shower gels in beauty boxes, as when I'm out shopping I just tend to buy whatever is on offer rather than looking for a specific brand, so trying out a higher end version is not really of interest to me. They do, however, come in handy for travelling, so I'll probably be saving this one for my honeymoon in a few months time.

Leighton Denny Nail Colour High performance polishes in our favourite stylish shades. £11.00
I've heard a lot of love for Leighton Denny nail polishes but never actually tried one, so this was a nice little addition that I will be trying very soon. Having looked at a few other bloggers Birchbox contents this month, I do kinda wish I had received one of the other shades though.

Green & Black's Dark 70% Chocolate The highest quality organic cocoa beans, sugar and vanilla are sourced to create this delicious treat. £2.29
Birchbox's lifestyle extra this month is a mini bar of chocolate. This is usually the way to my heart but unfortunately I'm not a great lover of dark chocolate. I did give it a quick try but it was far too dark for me and the rest got passed over to my boyfriend to finish! I'm not going to mark the box down for this though - chocolate is a nice little extra to receive and Green & Black's is a nice brand (I particularly love their white chocolate!).

Although I'm not as impressed with this box as I was with January's, I still got some good things this month and am still happy with Birchbox overall.

Did you receive a Birchbox this month? What did you get? Have you tried any of these products before?




3 comments :

  1. The protecting hair oil sounds like a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks like a box with pretty good contents :) I'm especially interested in the hair oil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was quite pleased with it again - Birchbox are doing pretty well I think. I'll be trying the hair oil this weekend :) xx

      Delete