Tuesday 4 February 2014

Beauty Haul - Boots & Superdrug


Soooo this happened...again! As soon as payday hit, I was straight off into town to spend some hard-earned cash. Taking part in the #bbloggers twitter chats a lot throughout January meant that my wishlist grew a lot this month - this is just a small selection!


 
First stop was Superdrug, and this little lot cost me just over a fiver! I love MUA's eyeshadow palette dupes for the Naked palettes (and hoping they'll be one for the Naked 3 soon), but that's all I've ever tried from them. I've heard that their products can be quite hit and miss, as with a lot of budget brands, but I'd heard a lot of good things about their blushers and Intense Kisses lip glosses, so I decided to pick some up. My local Superdrug didn't have the greatest selection of shades available when I was shopping, which could well be a good thing as it stopped me spending too much money! The blush shade I picked up was Cupcake, a lovely matte peach shade. I always tend to go for pinks over peaches, so I thought picking up a blusher for a pound was a nice cheap way to try something new. The lipgloss shade is Quick Kiss, which is a vibrant pink colour. I am really liking the non-sticky formula of these glosses and may have to pick some more up when there's a wider range in stock! The final purchase from Superdrug was their Vitamin E Hydrating Mask. I'd seen Lily Pebbles mention their de-stressing mask during her "no money month" series, and decided to hunt these down. Having a look at the range of masks Superdrug had, I figured the hydrating mask was the best for my dry skintype. I absolutely love my Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask (which you can find a review of here), but at £25 a tube, it's a little expensive, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this compares. At £2.59, if this gives good results, I'd gladly repurchase this over Origins any day!
 



 
Whilst in Boots, I was able to pick up a few bits from my January beauty wishlist. My first stop was the Revlon counter to pick up something I have been lusting after for months - the new Revlon matte & lacquer lip balms. These have been the talk of the beauty world for the past few weeks and I was quite worried that by the time I made it into town all the good shades would be taken, but there was plenty to choose from. The first ones I picked up were Elusive & Striking (matte) and Vivacious (lacquer). I say the first ones - I've actually been back to Boots since these pictures were taken and picked up some more. And I want to go back again - but I don't have a problem, ok?! I'll be doing a review post on these very soon, so you'll be able to see the other shades I've picked up there. I've been looking for a new drugstore mascara to try for a while and, after asking for recommendations on Twitter, I decided upon the Max Factor False Lash Effect. On first impressions, I'm really liking this mascara, it gives great length and volume. So, I have another eyeshadow palette in my collection. If I was honest with myself, I didn't really need this, but it was just so pretty I couldn't resist! Stila is a brand I've never tried before, and I'd been torn between the In The Light palette and the In The Garden palette. In the end I opted to try In The Light first, as the shades look more wearable from this palette. I'll be posting a review on the palette very soon, so keep an eye out for that if you're considering buying this yourself.
 

 
I've been changing up my haircare products a bit recently and thought I'd purchase a couple of products to use on a weekly basis to give my hair an extra pampering. The purchase of the Boots Expert Build Up Removal Shampoo was inspired by Anna at Vivianna Does Makeup, who had mentioned this in a post from late last year, and it had been on my wishlist ever since. It's like a detox for your hair, removing all the products that we slap on throughout the week, to leave it extra clean. This will be my Sunday night shampoo from now on! I'd recently tried the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo & Conditioner and fallen in love with them (see review here), so I wanted to try something else from the range. I picked up the Express Treatment Conditioner, which promises to give all the benefits of a daily conditioner, but works in just one minute. I've not tried this yet, but have high hopes based on the results I've had with their other products. The final product I picked up from Boots was the La Roche Posay Rosaliac UV Moisturiser. My skin's been getting a bit red and sensitive recently and I'm hoping this moisturiser will help to reduce the redness. This range was recommended to me by a friend - there's a load of anti-redness products to choose from, but I thought I'd stick with just the one for now and see how I go - they'd be nothing worse than spending a fortune on a full range of products if it doesn't even work for me!
 
So, those were all my payday beauty purchases! I also took a little trip into Primark, but thought I'd split the haul up a bit, so you can expect to see a fashion haul in the next few days.
 
Have you tried any of the products I bought? What beauty products have you been buying recently?
 
 
 


10 comments :

  1. I've just bought the hydrating face mask but not had chance to try it yet. I too am a huge fan of the drink up mask so hope this is a a good dupe!
    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping this too - think of how many of the Superdrug ones you could buy for the price of the origins one! xx

      Delete
  2. You got some great products!! :) I really need to make a trip to Boots soon and treat myself to some new things.

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should. I'd recommend the new Revlon matte balms if you don't already have any xx

      Delete
  3. Great buys! I love a good haul after pay day!
    I'd be interested to know what you think about the Boots build up removal shampoo, it sounds great! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only used it once so far but first impressions are very good! Will be doing a review once I've used it a few more times xx

      Delete
  4. Nothing like a beauty haul! Some great buys here I think you will like the max factor mascara x
    Sweet Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving it so far, probably my favourite mascara that I've tried for a long time xx

      Delete
  5. I really like the Superdrug hydrating masks, and the Revlon Matte balms. I reallllyyyy want the Stila palette though, it's been on my wish list for such a long time.

    Libby
    www.lifeoflibby.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely treat yourself to it soon, it's a great little palette! xx

      Delete