Monday 13 January 2014

Primark Haul

 
I went shopping in the sales a couple of weeks ago and managed to pick up quite a few bargains (see what I got here). One shop I did fail in when it came to shopping the sales was Primark.
Primark is chaotic at the best of times, even more so when there's a sale on - I ended up taking one look at the discount section and walking away! I did, however, have a little mooch around the rest of the store and picked up a few bits and bobs. Apologies for the poor picture quality in this post - I missed my opportunity to take some pics while the sun was out at the weekend, so I had to take these under artificial light in the evening!
 

 


The first things I picked up were a couple of their £5 dresses. I love the Primark £5 dress range - I'm starting to build up quite a collection now. They are perfect with a pair of tights and your favourite pair of flats for a nice daytime or work look. Or you can dress them up with some heels and a statement necklace for the evening. This time I went for a black dress with a blue flower design and a plain burgundy dress - I think I'll get a lot of wear out of this one at work.

 
I then stumbled across a display filled with gorgeous winter jumpers for only £8. There were so many lovely colours to choose from, I could've picked up at least half a dozen, but having already spent a lot that day I limited myself to just one. I opted for this blue one - not too dissimilar to the shade of my bridesmaids dresses actually! It's so snuggly and soft and, at such a bargain price I may have to go and pick up some more soon. The next item is not very exciting - I picked up a basic white long-sleeved scoop neck top. I've been meaning to pick up some more basic tops for a while and this was only £3.50, so it made it's way into my basket. Perfect for lounging around in on a Sunday afternoon.
 

 
I don't think a trip to Primark would be complete without picking up some pyjamas or cosy socks (or both!). This time I picked up a pack of two socks in oatmeal and white, with bits of glitter attached. One pair is stripy and the other all white with oatmeal at the toe end. I have a slight obsession with these socks - I'm always suffering from cold feet but I'm not so keen on wearing slippers, so I live in these socks! My final purchase was a little random but I urge you, if you have not tried Metcalfe's Skinny Topcorn (popcorn!) you really should - it's delicious! They come in handy 23g snack size bags for just over 100 calories for the bag, which makes them ideal for syns on the Slimming World plan I follow. They come in a wide range of flavours (including banana smoothie - really?!), but the only ones I've spotted in Primark are Sea Salt & Sweet n Salty. I've managed to misplace my receipt, so I'm not totally sure on the price but I believe they are 80p per bag.
 
Have you picked anything nice up from Primark recently?
 


6 comments :

  1. you're right, the primark sales are sooo chaotic! great haul, love the colour of that jumper x
    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :) there were so many other lovely colours too, it was so hard to choose just one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I'm a huge fan of Primarks £5 dresses, too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh i didn't know they had a £5 dress range in primark!they look pretty!im loving skater dresses just now cos they are so flattering & comfy!:)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely need to go and check them out! xx

      Delete