Saturday 11 January 2014

Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo & Conditioner Review


I'm not really one for changing up my haircare routine. I've dabbled in a few other brands in recent years, but always end up going back to my trusty Aussie Miracle Moist range. It's not the most expensive brand out there, but this year I'm tightening up the purse strings a little and I've recently been on the lookout for a cheaper alternative. And I may have just found the range to convert me.


I'd tried a few Dove hair care products in the past and found that they hadn't really done that much for me, so I wasn't really expecting much from this when I picked it up, but I'd heard good things and it was on offer, so I thought I'd give it a go.

The range contains Nutri-Oils and Argan Oil, which locks in nutrients that can be stripped out by some other shampoos, leaving your hair feeling smoother and shiner after a wash.

I was surprised that a product full of oils was so lightweight and didn't weigh my hair down at all. Whilst still in the shower I could feel that my hair was instantly silkier and smoother and once my hair had dried, it was lovely, glossy and just looked a lot healthier. It's also tamed my frizzy ends a treat, leaving my hair a lot more manageable. I'd say it works just as well, if not better than my beloved Aussie.

The range retails for around £3.50 each for a 350ml bottle, but seems to be on offer somewhere all the time - I picked mine up from Asda in their 2 for £4 offer. I would definitely recommend giving this a go, even if you've not been keen on other Dove hair products like I had, as it's such a bargain for the results you get. These will definitely be going in my shopping basket again when my current bottles run out - farewell Aussie! I'll also be looking to try the Repair Mask from this range to see how it compares to my Charles Worthington mask which I raved about in my 2013 favourites.

Have you tried the Dove Nourishing Oil Care range? What's your favourite shampoo & conditioner?



2 comments :

  1. I'm so glad I read this post - The Aussie Miracle Moist range is my favourite, but i'm nearing the end of my current bottles and was thinking about trying out a new range when they're finished. I think i'll be picking this range up as a replacement xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go it's such a bargain compared to the Aussie range :) xx

      Delete