Tuesday 31 December 2013

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask Review


Every year when I'm doing my Christmas shopping, I treat myself to a gift set of my own. This year I decided on the Origins Morning to Midnight gift set. I'd heard so many good things about the Origins products and was still yet to try any myself. The product from this set I was most excited about trying was the Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. This had received a lot of online hype so I was interested to see what all the fuss was about, and I have to say I was not disappointed.
The mask promises to leave dry skin feeling smoother and more hydrated - the perfect solution for my horrible flaky, dehydrated forehead! So, how does it work?



 
 
I massaged a decent layer of the product onto my skin, as the last part of my skincare routine before bedtime (most of the time I will leave it about 20 minutes before heading to bed, just to give it time to sink in before my face hits the pillow). The fruity ingredients, which include Apricot Kernel Oil, Avocado Oil and Mango Butters, along with the Hyaluronic Acid and Plant Glycerin sink into the skin leaving it feeling plump and moisturised. The ingredients encourage the skin to build up its moisture reserves and the Japanese Seaweed helps to create a barrier to retain the moisture that is built up, so that the skin remains moisturised the following day.
 
The first thing that hit me when I used this product for the first time was the smell. It's a lovely sweet fruity apricot smell, which is obviously a bonus - no one wants something awful smelling slathered all over their face! The consistency of the product is just right for me. It's not so thin that you feel like it's not really doing anything, yet it's not so thick that you feel like it's being caked on.
 
I've continued to use this mask twice a week for almost a month now, and the results for me have been great. The skin really does "drink up" the moisture from this mask, as opposed to just sitting on the skin as I feel other overnight masks have done, and I wake up with lovely radiant, plump skin, without any residue. As my skin is more moisturised, it's also a dream to apply my foundations is the morning too - no more bits flaking off my forehead!

The mask retails for £22 for a 100ml tube - a little pricey but totally worth it for the transformation it has made to my skin. I'll definitely be purchasing a full size of this once my miniatures run out. I was also lucky enough to receive the Mask Marvels set for Christmas, which also contains a mini of this mask, so I'm fully stocked up for a while!

Have you tried this mask? What did you think to it? Do you have a favourite face mask to recommend?


 

No comments :

Post a Comment