Monday 30 December 2013

My Current Everyday Make Up Picks




One of my favourite blog posts to read are the "everyday makeup look" posts, so I thought this would be the best way to start my own blog. I think they are a great way of finding recommendations for new products to try out. After all, if they have made it into someones everyday routine, they must be good, right?!
I work in an office during the week, so my make up look Monday-Friday tends to be very minimal, and these are the products are currently find myself reaching for on a regular basis:


Face
 
 
 
 
My current foundation of choice is the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. I absolutely love Rimmel for their foundations, I think they are great quality and a relatively low budget, so great for everyday use. I tend to use their Wake Me Up foundation during the summer months but opt for the less dewy finish the Match Perfection gives for the colder months. I have dry skin and some foundations can sit in patches on my face, but this foundation applies evenly and gives a nice natural finish.
I have two different concealers that I use everyday, which might be ridiculous to some, but both are great at what I use them for and I am yet to find a concealer that I would use both under my eyes and to cover my blemishes (recommendations welcome!). For my under eyes, I use Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. A little of this product really does go a long way - I've had mine for AGES - and gives you a lovely wide awake look on even the tiredest of mornings. It may come as no surprise that my other concealer of choice is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, a real bloggers favourite. It's perfect for covering up all those blemishes and I find it gives really long lasting coverage.
The blusher I'm currently using was a recent discovery of mine when I went to spend my Boots card points. I only had a few pounds left and was on the hunt for a new blusher as a lot of mine were not very winter appropriate shades. I had heard a few people raving about the Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks, and as it was so inexpensive, I picked one up in Dusky Pink. It's a slightly darker shade than the pinks I usually go for so was perfect for winter time. I was surprised at how pigmented it is for such a cheap product and I will definitely be repurchasing this again when it runs out - what a bargain!
 
 
 
Eyes
 
 
 
 
Urban Decay Naked Palettes are perfect for an everyday natural look. I bought my first one last Christmas after receiving a Debenhams voucher as a gift and now, thanks to a very generous boyfriend, I have all three palettes. I still think that the original Naked palette is the one I reach for on a more regular basis, and is the most versatile in terms of how many different looks you can create with it. They are very pricey but if you have the money they are definitely worth it, as no other brand compares in terms of formula in my opinion.
I have to be honest, I'm yet to find my holy grail mascara and so the Maybelline The Rocket Mascara just happens to be the one I am using up at the moment. It's not a terrible mascara - actually one of the best I've tried recently - and I would consider repurchasing it again in the future, but in the meantime I will definitely be on the lookout for something new to try once this runs out.
In my opinion, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils are the best eyeliners on the market, I absolutely love them! The colour "glides on" perfectly and lasts for hours. Ok, they are a tad expensive, but the colour I have been using most recently, a gorgeous taupe-grey colour called Desperation, came as part of the Black Market eyeliner set, which was around £25 for 6 shades, which works out quite reasonably per eyeliner.
 
 
 
Lips
 
 
 
 
My most used lip colour, and has been for a very long time as you can probably tell by the picture, is the Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. It's a very natural peachy colour, so it's great for days in the office just to add a bit of colour. This shade was the first of the Revlon Lip Butters I purchased, and started a bit of an obsession for me - if my collection isn't into double figures yet, it can't be far off! The reviews were quite mixed but I personally love them. I suffer badly from dry lips and find these are very moisturising and the colour applies evenly, not clinging to any dry patches I have.
For days when I fancy adding an extra pop of colour to my lips, my favourite colour for this season is the MAC Plumful Lipstick. It's a beautiful plum (duh!) shade, that's just light enough to get away with in the office but is still buildable if you wanted to go for a more bold look. The lustre finish to this lipstick is also perfect for me and my dry lips as it glides on smoothly and is quite hydrating compared to other MAC finishes.
 
 
Have you tried any of the products I have mentioned? What products are part of your current everyday makeup routine?
 
 

 





No comments :

Post a Comment